Benches, Baskets, Babies and a Baptism

4:32 PM

I didn't think I had enough for a full blog post for awhile, but all of these things together may get kind of long, so I will hit the highlights.
 
I am still working on the girls' playroom, so here's the progress:
 
Ryan helped me switch out the light fixture (because its a two person, two beer job).  I had been looking for the right galvanized steel barn light for months, and I found this one, which is technically more industrial than barn, at Restoration Hardware Outlet and didn't think twice.

 
Benches:
 
I also finished the bench in the window sill.  This bench is something I wanted since we moved in like three years ago now, but it needed to be a custom length and width and I refused to pay so much for something our dogs would eventually destroy.  I will make another one for the office window sill eventually.
The bench is suppose to serve a few purposes, one of which is to keep the dogs from destroying the sheet rock when they jump up to bark at the U.P.S. driver or our occasional visitor... or any ground hog or varmint, any one of them.
 
SO, I took the laziest, cheapest route ever and stapled some fabric and foam to a common 1x12 board that I had Home Depot cut for me at the store to what I thought were the correct measurements.  When I got home I realized the outside edge of the sill is smaller than the inside edge.  Measurement fail.  Ryan recut the board for me, but only after I had to take all the staples out...
MEASURE TWICE.
 

The foam and fabric came from Joann's Fabric at a 50 % off sale. 
 
 
It looks fine to me, and I hope it stays that way for a little longer since I sprayed it with waterproofer (available at Home Depot) so that maybe I can wipe the dog paw prints off easier.
 
 

This is what we started with:

 
And this is where we're at now:

 
 


A ton of stuff comes with a baby; two times the stuff comes with twins.


 Baskets:
 
Several weeks ago I got up at 5:30 a.m., fed the babies, and headed to a flea market (Ryan stayed home with the girls) and basically sped walk with Olympic determination through the largest flea market in Wisconsin.  I found these cute baskets for the playroom and the yellow chair, pictured above, for my older daughter's desk.

 
The galvanized steel makes an appearance again in this genuine locker basket from a school in Rockford.  I imagine toys or Wii games being stored in it.


THIS gem is going to hold crayons in it and that handle was exactly what I was looking for to be easily toted around.
 
Babies:


 These girls are growing fast!  We just switched over to 6 month clothes, and its incredible how far they've come from their 3 pound beginnings!

 
Wrenly finally rolled over today, but she's still much more wobbly than Harper.


Harper wants to touch everything, and I think she's getting frustrated that she can't crawl.  One of these days she is going to take off and we are not going to be prepared for that little mover and shaker.
 
 
Fraternal, they are.  They even find comfort in different ways.  Wrenly will still take a pacifier (though she's not a clinger to it), and has a new relationship with Sophie the Giraffe to chew on.  She may just get all her teeth at once the way she is currently drooling.  Harper wants her thumb, and cannot go to sleep until it is securely in place, and her muslin blanket in hand.


And TODAY, my Kaylie was baptized. 
I don't have pictures yet, but my heart is full, and I am so grateful
“For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.” 
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

You Might Also Like

0 comments

@seriouslystoffel